Case Study: Maersk Resolve Drilling Rig
Following an initial scoping survey which was carried out on various tanks onboard the Maersk Resolve Drilling Rig, we were requested to remove / dispose of waste and clean from four tanks as soon as possible.
Provide manpower and equipment for the cleaning of tanks specified by the client, containing a variety of substances which required High-Pressure Water Jetting, Confined Space Entry, Vacuum Transfer and Waste Disposal. This involved an eight man team working day and night shifts, necessitating all our personnel completing full H2S Awareness Training prior to mobilisation.
Sureclean were able to safely accommodate all issues that arised and through perseverance and hard work, were able to completely clean out the four tanks requested. Whilst onboard the rig they were able to clean out an additional fifth tank that was not included within the original work scope, all within the timeframe specified and to the client's approval.
Working to safety procedures within the Danish Sector that include operating in areas where H2S Gasses may be present, completing the works in an efficient timescale which incorporates any additional works that were required and also segregation of wastes removed from tanks.
Restrictions / Considerations
- Timeline - Critical Path Project
- Project Management, resourcing, planning and scheduling
- Completion of works whilst offshore
- Hazardous Environment - Confined Space Entry Working, access and egress
- Waste containment and transfer
- Project completed on time
- Sureclean personnel regularly willing to help Maersk with works out with the work scope
- Working simultaneously under Sureclean and Maersk Safety Management Systems
Sureclean personnel are multi-disciplined which provided an experienced team who were able to complete the work scope in a short timeframe and safely work to the legislation in the Danish Sector.