Case Study: Ben Nevis Distillery
Location: Ben Nevis Distillery, Fort William
During a scheduled distillery clean Ben Nevis Distillery came to us as there was an initial requirement to clean and remove oil staining on 2 x pre-load tanks which previously head Heavy Fuel Oil.
Primary scope of work was to provide the necessary manpower and equipment for the removal of oil residues on tank walls, and cleaning of internal surrounding of bunds. This was done by pressure washing the tanks down and using appropriate chemicals, waste washings were pumped out by are tanker and disposed of at our transfer station in Alness.
- Implementing a safe system of work and ensuring that the tank surface area was not damaged when jetting. Hiring in specialised equipment to access top of bund so work can be carried out safely
- Restrictions / Considerations
- Hazardous Environment – Heavy fuel oil
- Waste containment and transfer.
- Accessing tank
- Timeline - Critical Path Project
- Satisfied client
- Project completed without safety or environmental incident.
- Project completed on time and under budget.
- Involved 4x Sureclean personnel working day shift
Sureclean's ethos of having and providing trained 'multi-disciplined' personnel provided a timely and cost effective solution allowing the client to optimise work completed. It involved four Sureclean personnel working dayshift for four consecutive days. The integrated approach of working together adopted by all contractors involved in the project contributed to its overall success.